Monday, February 2, 2015

A Prayer of a Thankful Heart

My Forgiveness Prayer was helped me so much. I read it several times last week. It has sunk into my soul. Yesterday, I noticed how far I have already come. In just under a week, my heart has made a drastic change.

Thank you Lord Jesus. I can't believe that after holding this hatred and anger for years and years, it is just melting away at heartbreak speed. When I said my previous prayer, I thought it would take time. I knew you were Amazing, but I underestimated just how fast Your power can work when a soul is ready for it. I thought I would be ending the week saying, "I hope to do better next time." But instead, I ended the night thinking, "now that is how it used to be." Lord, I know I'm not completely whole yet, but I feel so much closer to Thee. Lord, when you say you can make broken things new, I never knew it could happen so fast. I was looking for this bright shining moment, but instead it was a quite whisper in my heart that said all will be ok. Thank you so much Lord for this miracle. I am in awe that in just one week, you were able to do what I haven't been able to do for years. Please continue to work on my heart, it can be stubborn sometimes. But I know that if I let you do it your way, I will be whole once more. Thank you Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment