Monday, February 9, 2015

Dear Lord,
I'm fighting some conflicting problems right now and I need your help. When I first heard the news about my brother, I was mad. I kept thinking of him laying in the hospital, and all I could think was how it upset me that he was there. Lord, I know I should feel hurt and worry, but because I couldn't, it made me even more upset.

Lord, please grant me thy peace. Please still my soul. Please bless me with understanding. Please grant me compassion at this time.

I have yet to cry and it makes me feel like a bad person. Like I've let him down. I keep trying to sort it out in my head and I think I'm just afraid to feel anything right now. Last night, I felt like I had to be the strong one. Strong for my mom and dad. A beacon of strength for my sister. I didn't have time for my own feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment