Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Be Still

When the Israelites left Egypt, the Pharaoh changed his mind about letting them go. Exodus 14:7 says that he took 600 of his best chariots and boldly chased after them.

The Israelites were in a tight spot. They had an army closing in on them from behind and a sea looming before them. They had no where to go. For all appearances, they were doomed.

But then in Exodus 14:13 Moses told them "Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today." and in verse 14 he tells them to stand still. "The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."


Can you imagine the fear?

The panic?

The chaos?

And what does Moses say?

Be at peace, stay calm, be still. The LORD will fight for you.

Such simple words.

Be still.

Stay calm.

Do nothing.

The LORD will fight for you.


Lord,
Help me to remember there is no problem beyond your loving care. You are GOD and there is absolutely nothing you can't do.  Any attempt I would try to make would be worthless in comparison to your great power. Don't let me doubt when things feel hopeless, but instead let me put my trust in you. The enemy may come at me from every angle, but you, God, are all powerful. You split the Red Sea to save your people. You will do the same for me. The enemy may attack, but I hold fast in you. Jesus, I will stand still and let you fight this battle for me. I know you will show up and do a mighty and great thing.  Lord, I will stand still and let you fight my battles for me. Your name be ever praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment