Wednesday, April 20, 2016

To Everything There is a Season

Lately, I've struggled with some changes that I felt needed to take place. I've tried, but it's still been hard to find a a balance. I wanted things to change, without any action on my part. I've gone back and forth many times. But in the end, it's been about choosing my husband and God.

It's been hard because this is something that was not only a big part of my life, but also a huge part in my journey that led me to Jesus. So to turn my back, it felt like a betrayal to me. But I guess that's the thing, I want to point my family towards Jesus and when things feel like they are trying to pull myself, or my husband away, it's time to put some distance between those things and us. 

God has done so much to help, but still I've resisted. I've prayed and cried for there to be another answer, but each time I've heard God say, "This is what is best for you and Josh right now. Trust me; it will all work out." 

Last night, as I once again prayed for a different answer, I read Ecclesiastes, chapter 3. 


I believe God is telling me it's okay to let go. It served its purpose and I will always be grateful. But sometimes the things that were once good, instead become something that holds us back. Its hard, and it hurts, but I'm trusting God that it will all work out for the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment