Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Romans 8:31

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?" (Romans 8:31)


I ask you, when God is on your side, who can come against you? No one! I tell you again, no one can come against you when you have God on your side. No man can destroy you. No financial burden can ruin you. No addiction can control you. No storm can knock you off the course He has already set you on. 

If you feel like you are losing, maybe its time to stop and ask yourself, is it because you aren't seeking God? Are you being stubborn and hardheaded and trying to do things on your own? Are you trying to run from your problems or drown them out with the things of this world? Do you really think your ways are that much greater than God's? Do you really think you have a better way of doing things than He does? Do you really think you are bigger than God? When we shut Him out of our lives, we are giving up the right to have Him fight for us. God never abandons us. If you don't see Him in your life, it is because you have turned your back on Him. 

I'm not saying that when you give up on God, He gives up on you. That is never true. God is always working for your benefit. But when you turn your back on Him, it is you who is denying yourself the blessings He wants to give you. When you aren't living for His purpose, His blessings will go to someone else who will use them for His honor and glory. When you deny God, you are denying yourself of His blessings.When you try to tell yourself you don't need Him, you are choosing to miss out on His strength and goodness. He is ready to bless you, beyond all you can imagine, but you have to open your heart and mind to receive those blessings. 

"But I do love God. I am doing my best to trust Him." Then just keep hanging on, because He is working things for your good. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." So even if you think you are losing, if you are letting God fight your battle, then your victory is near! When you serve God, nothing can come against you. Nothing can defeat God. The Red Sea couldn't stop His people. A lion's den couldn't destroy His servant. Death on a cross couldn't stop His Son from saving us. The battle is already won. Victory has already been declared. We just need to reach out and claim it in the name of Jesus. 

How do I know this? Because it says in Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." And in Isaiah 40: 28 "Don't you know? Have't you heard? The LORD is the everlasting God; he created all the world. He never grows tired or weary. No one understands his thoughts." Let go of that worry. Cast out those doubts. Don't be a prison to fear any longer! 

It is time to declare victory over your life. When God is in control, everything will work out according to His plans and purposes. No one can stop that. No one can hinder His purpose for your life. Nothing can interrupt His plan for my life. 

Speak this prayer over your life. "God, I come to you now. I ask you to take my fears and replace them with Your joy. Take my worry and doubts and replace them with Your peace. When things feel hopeless, help me cling to Your promises. When I get discouraged, help me to see things through Your eyes. I know you are always in control of my life. I thank you Lord, because I know, that my victory has already been won. I love you and praise your name, Jesus, amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment