Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Answered Prayer

God is great.

A few months ago, I noticed a friend was in an abusive relationship. I worried about her so much. Then signs started to show it was getting worse. I just wanted her to come home to her family.

For weeks I prayed non stop. "God, please keep her safe. Jesus, just bring her home." Day and night, that was my prayer.

Last week, a young man in our community died in an accident. I was upset with God. Why would he take such a wonderful husband and father from this earth so soon and leave my friend in this bad situation? I had to remind myself that God works on his own timing and all would be okay in the end. "Please Jesus, please keep her and her baby safe until she can find a way to come home." I turned it over to God's hands and was prepared to wait on Him. I knew I could trust Him to do what was best for her.

On Monday, I talked to another person that used to be in an abusive marriage and asked what I could do to help this friend. She suggested contacting her and telling her about a victims advocate office in her city. And to tell her to start a restraining order. I was still trying to find the best way to express myself and I promised myself I would send that email to either her or her mother by the end of the week.

God is great. Last night, the mother posted that she was able to bring her daughter and grandson home, to stay. I didn't even get a chance to send my email because God took care of everything.

I have gone from crying tears of fear to tears of joy. Today, my nonstop prayer and been "Thank you Jesus. Thank you for bringing her home. Thank you for keeping her and her son safe."

Thank you Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment