Monday, October 12, 2015

For I Know the Plans I have for You, Declares the Lord

Sometime, I am in shock and awe at the healing my Savior has brought me. Each time I think I am in a good place with my infertility, He amazes me once more.

A week ago, I went to a Woman's Retreat. Because of my experience a few weeks before that, I didn't go expecting much. My heart has been so at peace, that I just went to have a good weekend hanging with amazing people and loving on Christ.

But the first night, something amazing happened. It was toward the end. The speaker was having a prayer session with those who wanted to come to the front. Like I said, I was feeling pretty good spiritually, so I decided to just hang at the back of the room. I had been praying on and off for a friend, but suddenly God spoke to me.

The scripture Jeremiah 29: 11 popped into my head.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Its actually one of my favorite scriptures, but I had never thought of it this way. It was like God spoke the scripture to me; then He told me that everything with Celeste worked out the way it was supposed to. He always knew how it would end, but He needed me to help her.

Its like the last hole in my heart was healed. It wasn't something we did that made her change her mind. God always had it planned out that way. I even thought that again this weekend while I was sick with a cold. It was a cold that seemed to end things before. Its like God knew I needed to loose all my energy to communicate so she could be able to take notice of another couple. Because heaven knows it was that nasty cold all those years again that was the only reason I slacked up on my daily emails.

Suddenly, its all okay. Everything went exactly as God planned it all those years ago when we tried to adopt.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment